Hello, thanks for dropping by my site. This site will be dedicated to displaying my toy collection, the things that i am selling at the moment and toys that i am looking for. I love toys and this site will be my main display shelf on the net but its still very much in its early stage so pls. do check by once in a while for updates.

Monday, November 14, 2011

Souchaku Henshin Kamen Rider Den-O sword form



Souchaku Henshin Kamen Rider Den-O sword form

The main form of Den-O in the series, for the same reasons why I wanted to get Souchaku Henshin Kiva, so shall it be also for Den-O, not willing to wait for a figure that will more or less have no metal content, (SH Figuarts leaning towards this path for some time now) I was quite contented with how this Den-O figure was made. When I first saw it on the pegs, I immediately realized that it was also made of the newer style Souchaku buck which are like SH figuarts bodies but still incorporates the removable armor system. These are well distributed among the TRU branches in Singapore for $39.90 sgd, so I figured I could just hold off buying it until then.. lucky enough, when we went to TRU Vivo City branch, they were having a 50%off sale for selected items, Kamen Rider series figures included, so seeing the figure I wanted a few days earlier is now marked down to $19.90 sgd it was a no brainer, It's time to get it!



While I miss the clear translucent lenses that are standard for SH figuarts releases, I am contented with the metallic paint done on Den-O's eye lenses. It's a trade off for the better feel of the figure that this Souchaku version has. The SH figuarts KR 000's tatoba was good visually, translucent clear parts all around, but the torso felt hallow and the overall figure felt really cheap, with Den-O however, he feels really good and solid, very nice heft to the figure much like how Souchaku Kiva feels, the only difference between Kiva and Den-O is the lack of chrome parts on Den-O which I don't really mind.

Ore.. Sanjou!!!



Kamen Rider Kick!

Overall a decent release and placeholder for the yet unreleased SHF Den-O sword form. I will decide when I need to upgrade depending on how Bandai will make and execute its new Den-O SHF. But as it is I am very pleased with this rendition of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment